Homes for Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme
Please let us know that you have applied to the scheme by confirming your name and property address in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your joint visa application has been accepted
Once you have heard that your joint visa application with the refugee/refugees has been accepted, please let us know by emailing your name and property address to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch to take you through the next steps.
You should put one of the following licence agreements in place to protect you and the refugee/s. Where option 2 applies, we will ask to see a copy of the licence:
- If your guests are sharing accommodation with you, for example using guest bedrooms and sharing a kitchen with you, the Excluded Licencing Agreement is most suitable.
- If your guests are living in self-contained accommodation (such as a holiday let) then the Excluded Tenancy Agreement should be used.
Please do tell us before the refugee/refugees move into your home.
What you should consider
- Keep us informed – please remember to keep us updated as your application progresses.
- Maintain valid home insurance – it is a condition of your mortgage that valid insurance is held for the term of your mortgage. The Association of British Insurers (ABI) have provided some guidance about circumstances where participation in the scheme may affect your insurance and steps you should take. Find out more on the dedicated ABI page.
- Is this scheme right for me? – please consider your current circumstances and the financial impact of other people living in your home before applying for the scheme. It is expected that your mortgage payments will continue to be made as normal. For further information, you might like to visit Money Helper.